View all facilities
Broderick Recreation Center
|Other Link||Register Here for Programs|
- 10 Computer Stations
- Adjacent Dog Park
- Air Hockey
- Arts & Crafts Room
- Billiards Table
- Classroom Space
- Ping Pong
- Video Games
Broderick Recreation Center opened in June 2001 and is located within Broderick Park.
- Stanley and Doris Broderick arrived in Pinellas Park in 1945. The total population was 600 and were among the first 200 homes in Pinellas Park to receive water service and received a free water meter.
- Doris and Stanley were at one time the city's largest land development company. Stanley and Doris were founders of the Little League Baseball in Pinellas County and were both active in developing program and the ball fields in Pinellas Park.
- In December 1982, Doris Broderick deeded 3.80 acres of land at 6755 62nd Street over to the City of Pinellas Park. The land was developed through a Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant, and named the Stanley and Doris Broderick Park. The city purchased additional acreage abutting the original section of the park in May 1988, expanding the size of the park to 10.66 acres.
- In 1983 Doris was named a Pinellas Park Achiever for her work and dedication for encouraging the growth and prosperity of the city. In 1988 she was chosen as Pinellas Park Citizen of the year for her lifelong involvement with the city and its youth activities.