Elevation Certificates

Copies of FEMA elevation certificates on all buildings in Pinellas Park constructed in the floodplain since 1989 are available for review at Community Planning Division, 727-369-5631.

Certificate Preparation

Elevation Certificates must be prepared and certified by a Licensed Land Surveyor, Registered Professional Engineer, or Registered Architect who is authorized by state or local law to certify elevation information.

Relation to Flood Insurance

The Elevation Certificate is one way for a community to comply with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirement that the community obtain the elevation of the lowest floor (including basement) of all new and substantially improved structures and maintain a record of such information. The Elevation Certificate also is required to properly rate structures constructed after publication of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) for flood insurance premiums.

Obtain the Certificate

If an Elevation Certificate has been prepared for your property, you may be able to obtain it from the property developer or from community officials. Pinellas Park requires preparation of Elevation Certificates for properties as part of the permitting process, if the property is within the Special Flood Hazard Area. You can contact your local floodplain officials or the Community Planning Department to see whether an Elevation Certificate already exists for your property.

To find out if there is an Elevation Certificate on file for a property, click here to find the property on our interactive map.  Be sure to turn on the "Elevation Certificates" layer in the left-hand column. 

Elevation Certificate: The Elevation Certificate is an important administrative tool of the NFIP. It is to be used to provide the elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, and to support a request for (existing structures) Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) and Letter of Map Revision based on Fill (LOMR-F), or for (proposed structures) Conditional Letter of Map Amendment (CLOMA) and Conditional Letter of Map Revision based on Fill (CLOMR-F).

Flood proofing Certificate (FEMA Form 81-65): The flood proofing of non-residential buildings may be permitted as an alternative to elevating to or above the Base Flood Elevation; however, a flood proofing design certification is required.

MT-EZ Form: This form should be used to request that FEMA remove a single structure or a legally recorded parcel of land or portions thereof, described by metes and bounds certified by a Registered Professional Engineer or Licensed Land Surveyor, from a designated Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), an area that would be inundated by the flood having a 1-%-annual-chance of being equaled or exceeded in any given year (base flood), via Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA).

MT-1 Form: (For all LOMA, CLOMA, LOMR-F, and CLOMR-F Requests) This form should be used to assist requesters (community officials, individual property owners, and others) in gathering the information that FEMA needs to determine whether property (i.e., structure(s), parcel(s) of land) is likely to be flooded during the flood event that has a 1-% chance of being equaled or exceeded in any given year (base, or 100-year, flood). Lands that are at risk of being inundated by the base flood are called Special Flood Hazard Areas, or SFHAs.

MT-2 Form: (For all LOMR, CLOMR, and PMR Requests) This form should be used for revisions to effective FIS reports, FIRMs, or FBFMs by individual and community requesters.

Form 81-93: This form, which expired on October 31, 2008, has been replaced by FEMA Form 81-93, Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) with a December 31, 2011 expiration date.