- Library (Leisure Services)
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Book a Librarian
Book a Librarian
Need individual, uninterrupted help from one of our friendly librarians? Welcome to Book-A-Librarian!
The Book-A-Librarian service allows you to reserve appointments with librarians for up to one hour of uninterrupted, personalized reference assistance.
In addition to our variety of technology classes and convenient walk-in tech clinics, Book-A-Librarian can help you accomplish the following:
- Schedule a library tour, with instruction in use of the library catalog
- Download eBooks or audiobooks to your digital device from one of our online resources
- Complete your school, business, genealogy, or local history research using the library's online research databases or other reliable government and non-profit resources
- Compile a list of reading suggestions for you, your child, or your book club based on individual preferences and goals
- Complete an online application form for employment, government services, etc.
- Schedule a proctor for a college test.
- There is a $10 fee per test, plus any additional postage or copy requirements. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- We accommodate paper and online tests. For online tests, students should have a laptop with settings compatible with the testing requirements in the event library equipment is not compatible.
- Due to the nature of the library, we cannot guarantee a private testing room or continuous monitoring throughout the exam. You will be in view of the proctor and the proctor will check on you periodically.
- In the event of a staffing or library emergency, another professional librarian may step in to finish proctoring a test that has already begun.
- If these conditions do not meet with the approval of the testing institution, the University of South Florida offers academic proctoring services at both campuses for non-USF students. Dial 727-873-4632 to reach the Student Success Center on the St. Pete campus. (https://www.stpetersburg.usf.edu/student-life/student-success-center/testing-services/)
We must decline requests for the following:
- Typing, proofreading, and editorial services
- Removal of software viruses or malware, IT hardware repairs, etc.
Librarians are not qualified to offer medical, legal, or business opinions.
To request an appointment: complete the form or call 727-369-0667.
We may be able to assist you via phone.
You may want to attend one of the library’s technology classes in lieu of or in addition to booking an appointment.